"When Harris is at a party, and is asked to sing, he replies: 'Well, I can only sing a comic song, you know'; and he says it in a tone that implies that his singing of that however is a thing that you ought to hear once, and then die."

-Jerome K. Jerome, Three Men in a Boat

Thursday, May 10, 2007

a dancing horse

Hate to do this, but this is an amazing video. It is Andreas Helgstrand's musical freestyle from the 2006 World Equestrian Games. The horse is Blue Hors Matine.
If you can get past the guy's weird pants, it really is an amazing freestyle. But I am slightly biased in this area.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zKQgTiqhPbw

Make sure your volume is up.

For some reason these announcers make me laugh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm rather glad you posted this. Its something I would have never thought to look for on YouTube. Amazing, incredible ... I really don't know what to say (like the announcers ;) ). Thank you so much for posting this. Phenomenal. I really never have seen anything like this before.

Daphne said...

I have never been into horses, at all, so my ignorance of all things equestrian is more or less total- and I just have to ask, was I supposed to take that seriously? To me it is light-years past absurd that there was some guy who trained some horse to spasmodically prance around to music like that. What in the world?!